Several minor fixes in this release:
- Fixed an issue related to renaming scraping sessions.
- Added a couple of check boxes to wrap text to the proxy panels.
- Made a fix to ensure consistency in line wrapping the last response text box.
- Now centering the search result in the proxy.
- Fixed text related to the edition to be more consistent.
- Fixed a bug related to stopping scraping when an infinite redirect is encountered.
Several small fixes in this update:
- Now determining whether or not to save on individual key strokes.
- Fixed a bug related to displaying the start page and handling history.
- Fixed a bug related to deleting multiple items.
- Fixed a few minor memory leaks.
- Now stripping internal anchors off of redirect URL’s.
Several small changes in this one:
- Fixed a bug related to duplicate token editor windows.
- Add buttons to wrap text and find within the request/response of a proxy transaction.
- Now using %20 instead of + to represent a space character when encoding GET/POST parameters.
- Now correctly displaying encoded GET/POST parameters in scrapeable file proxy comparer.
- Added search term to the top of the proxy search results window.
Also, for any out there keeping track, we’re nearing another full version release. At this point we’ve pretty much frozen the feature set for a 6.0 release, so we’re now going to be doing a lot of internal testing to ensure we catch any bugs and such before we do a full release. We’d also be grateful to any who are willing to help us test alpha versions. Please let us know
of any issues you find.
Several changes in this one:
- Added the following methods: session.setStopScrapingOnScriptError, session.setStopScrapingOnMaxRequestAttemptsReached, session.setStopScrapingOnExtractorPatternTimeout, scrapeableFile.getMaxRequestAttemptsReached, scrapeableFile.getExtractorPatternTimedOut.
- Fixed a bug related to prompting for save upon exit.
- Deprecated proxy scripting. Can be re-enabled via the AllowProxyScripting property.
- Fixed a minor memory leak in the workbench.
- Updated the .NET driver to work with COM-based applications.
- Added initial support for memory profiling.
The memory profiling stuff is especially cool. There are times when a developer can inadvertently cause screen-scraper to run short on memory. We’ve added code to detect for these times, then give (hopefully) a good detailed description of what’s chewing up resources so that the problem can be addressed. It’s likely we’ll refine this one more over time, but even the initial implementation is pretty useful.
The holiday enhancements have spilled over into 2012:
- Added “Always at the end” option to force scripts to run at the end of a scraping session, even if it gets stopped prematurely.
- The prompt to save dialog box only shows on exit when a change has actually been made.
- Added a keyboard shortcut to the extractor pattern text box such that when text is highlighted and the Control/Command-T key combination is pressed an extractor pattern token will be generated. This is the equivalent of using the corresponding menu item when the right-click pop-up menu is invoked.
- Improved error reporting.
- Added local script variables to the breakpoint frame.
- When in workbench mode screen-scraper will now breakpoint on a script error.
Things have cooled down for us a bit over the holidays, so we’ve been able to carve out time for a number of bug fixes and feature enhancements. Here’s the list:
- Fixed a threading issue related to the REST interface.
- Added classes and methods related to decoding images.
- Fixed a bug related to use of the “Breakpoint” button with RunnableScrapingSessions.
- Added getStatusMessage, setStatusMessage, and appendStatusMessage to the session object, all of which are synonymous with their corresponding “error” methods (e.g., getStatusMessage = getErrorMessage).
- In the web UI changed the column “Error Message” to “Status Message”.
- Added the following methods to the scrapeableFile object: resequenceHTTPParameter( String key, int sequence ), removeHTTPParameter( String key ), addGETHTTPParameter( String key, String value, int sequence ), addGETHTTPParameter( String key, String value ), addPOSTHTTPParameter( String key, String value, int sequence ), addPOSTHTTPParameter( String key, String value )
- Made a DataManager fix where child rows weren’t getting inserted for duplicate parent rows.
- Changed default user agent for newly-created scraping sessions to Internet Explorer 8.
- Now saving in a separate thread so that the GUI won’t get locked up for large objects.
A few fixes in this release:
- Fixed a bug that was causing the user-agent header to be duplicated.
- Fixed a bug where a deleted recent script still shows in the script drop-down list.
- Fixed a bug related to multi-exports.
Just a few changes:
- Deprecated caching and filtering data sets (can be re-enabled with EnableCachingAndFilteringDataSets property).
- Now automatically swapping extractor pattern tokens for embedded variables in certain fields in the workbench (e.g., in the URL field [email protected]@~ is changed to ~#FOO#~).
- Added a “Find” button to the “Last Request” tab.
Get ready, kiddies, this is a big one! Found myself with some time on my hands, so I got some things done that have needed doing for a while. Plus I added in a few little goodies that have been rolling around in my head. Enjoy!
- Now outputting message as a warning when extractor pattern times out.
- Script pane no longer scrolls to the top when finding text fails.
- The last error message will now always be retained in the Web UI.
- Now notifying the user if a scrapeable file is generated from an HTTP transaction that contains a multi-part request, but no file parameters.
- Changed icon to something friendlier on database backup pop-up.
- Added session.setUserAgent.
- Fixed an issue related to resolving relative URL’s from extracted data.
- Fixed an issue related to reordering columns in the workbench.
- Fixed an issue related to truncated server responses.
- Fixed the PHP driver to allow carriage returns and line feeds to be passed in the setVariable method.
- Now initializing the last response view to the top of the page.
- Now displaying recently accessed scripts first in the script instances drop-down list.
- Enlarged the scraping session notes field a bit.
- Added back and forward buttons to the workbench.
Several fixes and enhancements in this one:
- Fixed a bug where a null parameter was causing rendering problems.
- Added ability to turn on and off automatic proxy cycling via setAutomaticProxyCycling.
- Auto-saving can now be enabled by adding an AutoSaveTime=[Time in seconds] in the screen-scraper.properties file.
- Filtered data sets now show up as filtered when using the “Test Pattern” button.
- Added SetCharacterSet to .NET driver.
« Newer Entries — Previous Entries »